středa, května 20, 2009

Swing to the spring

      July weather`s succesfully gone again which is quite fine for reading interesting facts about international trade and economics that I need to master till the end of month in order to....become master. At least unofficialy for now because I don`t have time to finish my thesis in May and will have to deal with it after my final exam in June. That`s what`s nowadays filling most of my time, mostly the nights that I`m spending with lecture notes and my awesome studying friend Philip Glass. Tuesdays are an exception `cause I took part on a month-long golf course in Prague. The boring "sport" I was just laughing about. But with many people talking about the difficulty of the game I better started now in order to handle at least the basics till I get retired. It`s actually fun while mastering the basic swing and watching the ball flying straight for 200 meters without too much effort. And good relaxing activity that can be done even in the worst weather and that takes half an hour and not much money on the driving range to drive 100 balls. So, without seeing the lecture notes for two years and not ever holding the golf club in my hands at the end of April, at the beginning of June I might be master of economics with golf HCP 54. Let`s see.

      Few days after the last Red Dwarf post we`ve been to an Indian restaurant in Prague (hope the connection is obvious) to taste something from the top of the Scoville scale. It was a topic of many ours previous conversations and I have to admit as well my secret dream since admiring eating habits in the british sitcom for the first time...so we ordered what else than chutney sauce and chicken vindaloo full of Cayenne pepper and really after a while a small bowl of sauce with meat and an unreasonably huge plate of rise arrived in front us. But a few minutes later the rise was all gone with just half of the meat eaten and the waitress was smiling at us while we were in fire, sweating over the small bowl of hot sauce. Lips and mouth were burning like hell and beer was not enough to wash the spice away. A bit better job did Lasi (not just a clever dog but as well a special indian milkshake), but right after finishing the meal we better moved to another pub to get a normal healthy czech beer. It helped a bit, but the strange feeling and kind of pain in stomach did`t disappear for another while so I hope it will help me remember well not to visit this kind of restaurants too often. But at least - "tasting the real indian chicken vindaloo" - checked, and now back to books :-)

Žádné komentáře: